It means "Strong Spirit, Strong Body, Strong Mind;" it is a concept that I base my practice upon as well as summary of my version of "Wellness."
We believe in wellness!
- Wellness is for everyone.
- All you have to do is choose to do practice the proper behaviors.
- The “well” person is not necessarily the strong, the brave, the successful, the young, the whole, or even the illness-free individual.
- A person can be living a process of “wellness” and yet be physically handicapped, aged, scared in the face of challenge, in pain, imperfect.
- No matter what your current state of health, you can begin to appreciate yourself as a growing, changing person and allow yourself to move toward a happier and more positive state of health.
Wellness is a active process.
- You just don’t get well or stay well. There are many degrees or levels of wellness, just as there are degrees of illness.
- Wellness is not simply the absence of disease.
- While people often lack physical symptoms, they may still be bored, depressed, tense, anxious, or generally unhappy with their lives. These emotional states often set the stage for physical disease through the lowering of the body’s resistance.
- The same feelings can also lead to abuses such as smoking, drinking, and overeating.
Diseases and symptoms are not really the problem. They are actually the body-mind’s attempt to solve a problem – a message from the subconscious to the conscious.
It is essential to look below the surface signs to address the real needs. Wellness extends the definition of health to encompass a process of awareness, education, and growth. By educating my clients and teaching them the correct technique or proper self-care I give you the skills to enhace your personal wellness.
I try to treat the "whole" person. Whether it is Naprapathic care for "unwinding negative muscular patterns" that lead to joint, back, or body pain; massage; yoga; or energy-healing; we provide services that will make you healthier and pain-free.
Contact us at 1.847.533.7404 to schecule your appointment that will help you achieve wellness.
Dr. Manfredini, D.N. believes in using "the least for the most;" meaning he gently and effectively nudges the body toward better function by removing bad muscular/tendon, skeletal/ligament patterns.
A vast majority of patients only require 1-3 visits for negation of most pain; some patients with arthritis/disease/advanced joint damage due to inury or illness may not experience negation and may only experience a reduction to tolerable levels of pain.